OSSE Parent and Community Conversations
Helping Students Succeed: A City-wide Discussion on Education
Join the DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education for a series of community meetings to discuss education related topics including:
- Overall school improvement (Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) waiver and equitable access);
- Preparing for new assessments (PARCC); and
- Improving outcomes for students with special needs (SSIP).
Your input will help inform our decisions and prepare the District’s children for success. The OSSE Parent and Community Conversations will be held:
- Thursday, February 12, 2015, 6:30pm - 8pm, Location: School Without Walls @ Francis Stevens (School Auditorium), 2425 N Street, NW (Co-Hosted by SBOE Member Jack Jacobson, WARD 2)
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 6pm - 8pm, Location: Friendship Collegiate Academy (School Auditorium), 4095 Minnesota Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20019
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 6pm - 8pm, Location: Friendship Southeast Elementary Academy (School Gym), 645 Milwaukee Place SE, Washington, DC 20032
- Thursday, February 19, 2015, 6pm - 8pm, Location: Friendship Woodridge Elementary and Middle (School Gym), 2959 Carlton Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20018
- Saturday, February 21, 2015, 10am, Location: TBD (Co-Hosted by SBOE Member Joe Weedon, WARD 6)
- Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 6pm - 8pm, Location: Capital City Public Charter School, 100 Peabody Street, NW, Washington, DC 20011
- Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 6pm - 8pm, Location: Paul Public Charter School (School Auditorium), 5800 8th Street NW, Washington, DC 20011
- Thursday, February 26, 2015, 6pm - 8pm, Location: Bruce-Monroe Elementary School @ Park View, 3560 Warder Street NW, Washington, DC 20010
- Saturday, February 28, 2015, 10am - 11:30am, Location: Next Steps Public Charter School, 3047 15th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009 (Co-Hosted by SBOE Member Laura Wilson Phelan, WARD 1)
- Saturday, March 7, 2015, 10am, Location: TBD (Co-Hosted by SBOE Member Tierra Jolly, Ward 8)
Beyond Common Core State Standards in English/language arts and mathematics, DC has adopted these rigorous content-area learning standards and guides for arts, early learning, health and physical education, science, social studies, technology and world language.
A collection of videos, produced by a high school science teacher, covering all Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Scientific and Engineering Practices, Crosscutting Concepts and Disciplinary Core Ideas.